Worth Unlimited works in a wide variety of settings and can provide a number of different volunteering opportunities.
All prospective volunteers will be assessed for suitability and will be offered a standard induction along with basic child protection and safeguarding training.
Here are some specific ways you can help a Worth Unlimited project (please note that some of this work will require appropriate assessment and training)
- Helping research needs of a local neighbourhood
- Detached Street Based Work in deprived communities
- Video and Film Making Projects
- Graphic Designers working with young people to design logos, t-shirts etc.
- Participating in Thrive Youthwork Training achieving NVQ level 1 or level 2 Award (requires a minimum of 80 hours of teaching and 80 hours of volunteering within one year)
- Supporting young people involved in music production
- Giving young people training in web design and other forms of digital media
- Providing young people with activities linked to dance
- Sports Coaching for young people
- Supporting our Maintenance / Gardening Social Enterprises
- Support young people in developing projects linked to catering, nutrition and healthy eating
- Helping with local bike clubs in repairing bikes and providing basic maintenance
- Being part of a team involved in painting and decorating with young people
- Supporting young people through basic mechanics and car maintenance programme
- Supporting a local youth club providing positive activities in a deprived community
- Providing Administrative Support to a local branch or project
- Bookkeeping and basic accountancy support (knowledge of Quickbooks would be helpful)
(please note that we are looking for a minimum of 2 hours support per month)
- Support group work in local schools involving pupils who are at risk of exclusion
- Provide one to one mentoring for young people needing to improve aspiration and confidence
- Literacy Support through our established That Reading Thing Programme
Feel free to also contact us if you feel you have any other skills that may be appropriate.
1) Think about what type of work you might be interested in from the suggestions above (or think of some other skill/gift you could bring to Worth Unlimited)
2) Pick an area of the UK where you would like to work – we currently have projects in the following areas : -
If we are not in your area then don't forget that you could get your church or local community group to become a partner – click here for details of becoming a church or community partner.
3) Request an application form from firstname.lastname@example.org (subject heading - volunteer) and send it back to us as soon as you can
4) We'll be in touch about our next steps including CRB checks, volunteer interview and induction process.